Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Eczema
November 2, 2018 by Christina
Hi there! Do you want to know how to finally get rid of your eczema? If you have breakouts on the face, body or hands, then I imagine you probably want to know how to get rid of it fast.
For the longest time I struggled with itchy skin, spots, and redness. At first I didnt know what it was, then according to a dermatologist, I had eczema on my body!
Once I knew I had this rash, what I wanted the most was for it to be gone, forever and fast.
If you feel the same way, and youre also looking to get rid of itchy red skin, then youve come to the right place. I know it may seem to difficult to deal with at first, but the good news is that by doing the right things you can get rid of it!
Today Im going to show you what I did to finally get rid of eczema on my skin in a video. It only took 3 simple steps and Im excited to share them with you!
to join the program!
Also, for those of you following the blog, I wanted to make an easy guide for you below. Hope you enjoy it!
In this guide well cover:
What is eczema How long does it take to get rid of it? Reducing redness on the face Tips for improving hand eczema Removing dark spots and scars
What Questions Might My Healthcare Provider Ask To Diagnose Eczema
The conversation with your healthcare provider will need to cover a lot of information. Be sure to be specific about your symptoms.
- Where is your eczema located?
- What have you used to try to treat your eczema?
- What medical conditions do you have? Allergies? Asthma?
- Is there a history of eczema in your family?
- How long have you had symptoms of eczema?
- Do you take hot showers?
- Is there anything that makes your symptoms worse?
- Have you noticed that something triggers or worsens your eczema? Soaps? Detergents? Cigarette smoke?
- Is there so much itchiness that you have trouble sleeping? Working? Living your normal life?
White Patches On Skin Causes And Home Remedies
Conditions such as white patches on the face, although not a very common issue, sometimes occur on facial skin. It may happen due to an array of reasons. Fortunately, there are cures for those, whether you seek medical help or you try some home-based solutions. Yes, there are home remedies for white patches on the face and those are actually quite effective. But first, lets understand what causes white patches on skin.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Lotion To Use For Eczema
White Patches On Skin Home Remedies
White patches on the face or body mostly happen due to a skin disorder known as pityriasis alba. It can even be a condition called vitiligo. In any case, if these patches appear on the skin, it is reason enough to alarm you that something abnormal is happening in your body. You should immediately seek a dermatologists help. But these home remedies for white patches on the face can act as an effective complementary treatment.
Lets take a look at some of these remedies that we have put together for you.
Talk To Your Doctor About Prescription Treatment
If you do not get rid of eczema despite trying to do all the things that are listed here, you should talk to your doctor about your problems so that you can get a suitable eczema scalp treatment. Doctors can recommend powerful treatment regimens. The doctor can recommend lotions, creams, shampoos or even oral medications. Some of these treatment options can be very expensive. They may also have adverse side effects in the long run. Get as much information as you can from your doctor so that you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Your doctor will recommend medication based on your individual situation.
You May Like: What To Do When Your Eczema Flares Up
Don’t Miss: Can Eczema Make You Sick
Is It Possible To Cure Eczema Completely
Genital eczema can be treated and controlled, but like all types of eczema, it is often a long-term condition that cannot be cured. It is important that you use the products prescribed by your doctor or dermatologist and make an appointment to monitor your condition and change treatment if necessary.
How To Use Topical Corticosteroids
When using corticosteroids, apply the treatment accurately to the affected areas. Unless instructed otherwise by your doctor, you should follow directions on the patient information leaflet that comes with the corticosteroid.
Do not apply the corticosteroid more than twice a day. Most people will only have to apply it once a day.
To apply the topical corticosteroid, take the following steps:
- apply your emollient first and ideally wait around 30 minutes before applying the topical corticosteroid, until the emollient has soaked into your skin
- apply a good amount of the topical corticosteroid to the affected area
- use the topical corticosteroid until the inflammation has cleared up, unless otherwise advised by your GP
Speak to your prescriber if you have been using a topical corticosteroid and your symptoms have not improved.
Recommended Reading: What Can I Do For Eczema
Emollients For Treating Eczema
Emollient creams add moisture to the skin. Apply moisturisers each day to clean, dry skin. It is especially important to moisturise after showering and bathing, and when living or working in an air-conditioned or heated environment. You may need to try several different brands until you find the emollient that works best for you. Ask your doctor, dermatologist or pharmacist for advice.
Products To Treat Atopic Dermatitis White Patches
Because dryness can cause discolouration to be more prominent, to improve the look it is important to keep the skin hydrated. Luckily there are many effective, natural treatments that can provide nourishment and moisturize for dry, scaly skin.
Organic Manuka Skin Soothing Cream – This moisturizing cream is rich in emollients and made with powerful Manuka honey.Manuka honey has powerful wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties making it highly effective in treating eczema. Using this cream on eczema flare-ups can help prevent eczema white patches caused by dry, flaky skin.
Emily Skin Soothers for Itchy Eczema – “Baby & Adult Soother” – This itchy eczema treatment is made with natural high quality ingredients to soothe itchy skin. It is free from any artificial fragrances and irritants and is safe for babies. Made with powerful Chinese herbs, and moisturizing beeswax, this soothing balm is perfect in providing moisture to dry skin and preventing itchiness caused by eczema and other skin conditions.
Also Check: Is Dermatitis The Same As Eczema
What Causes Discoid Eczema
The cause of discoid eczema is unknown, although it is often accompanied by dry skin and is thought to be triggered by irritation of the skin.
Discoid eczema tends to affect adults and is rare in children. It is more common among men aged from 50 to 70 and women in their teens or twenties.
Some people with discoid eczema may also have other types of eczema, such as atopic eczema.
Read more about the causes of discoid eczema.
When To See The Doctor For White Spots On Skin
Most of the time, small white spots on the skin are caused by improper sun protection and are considered harmless. However, sometimes the spots may look like other skin conditions, and if so, it may be necessary to see your doctor.
You should see your doctor if the white spots on your skin:
- Provide discomfort
- Look like flaky patches that ooze or weep
- Make you feel upset or distressed about your appearance
People who have one autoimmune disease are at risk of developing another. You should talk to your doctor if you have an autoimmune disorder to rule out the development of an autoimmune skin condition like vitiligo or eczema.
People with allergies or asthma may be at risk for developing eczema, which causes dry, itchy, white patches of skin. If you have allergies or asthma and you develop these symptoms, you should see your doctor.
Also Check: Is Eczema A Medical Condition
Eczema Coping Tips Beauty Products
Suggestions for using beauty products include:
- Remember that even hypoallergenic cosmetics can irritate your skin. Whenever possible, keep your face free of make-up.
- Avoid perfumes, fragranced skin lotions and strongly scented shampoos.
- When using a new cosmetic, try testing it first on a small, inconspicuous area of skin such as your forearm. If you experience a reaction, dont use the product again.
How To Get Rid Of Red Spots On Face From Picking
Clé de peau beauté intensive brightening mask $30Dip 1 to 4 cotton balls in the water and apply to the leg scars.Discard the sandalwood leaves from the bowl of water 3.
Do a spot test by dabbing the solution on your wrist.Do this by washing with lukewarm water and an unscented soap.Drink a lot of water, especially at the day time.For some, it can also be a symptom of an underlying condition called dermatillomania.
Having a goopy mask on my face made it impossible to play with any zits and nourished my skin at the same time.How can you treat red skin with over the counter products?I bought medical tape and put little squares over any pimples.If you react well, apply the solution with a cotton swab to the.
Keep the scab dry by applying ointment every once in a while.Not only do the aforementioned treatments and ingredients make your skin sensitive to sunlight, but regularly using sunscreen will significantly reduce your.Picking at scabs interferes with your bodys natural healing process, increasing your risk of infection.Plastic surgery may require skin grafts and lengthy recovery time, but it may be the best solution if the scars have hardened and restrict facial movements in any way 3.
Pour ½ cup of water into a bowl and add 3 sandalwood leaves.Protect your skin every day from uv exposure.Red spots on face treatments or red spots on face home remedies:Regular use of pure aloe vera gel also reduces sunburn, insect bite marks.
You May Like: How To Tell If I Have Eczema
Recommended Reading: Is Curel Good For Eczema
Should I Be Concerned About White Spots
In most cases, white spots on the skin do not require medical treatment.
However, it is important to have white spots checked by a dermatologist to rule out any underlying conditions.
People are also advised to talk with a doctor about white spots if they:
- remain after a few weeks of basic treatment
- continuously reappear
Other Skin Conditions That Cause Pigmentary Changes
Eczema is not the only condition that causes pigmentary changes: they can also be caused by various other skin conditions that someone may have alongside their eczema. Two other common pigmentary skin conditions are melasma and vitiligo, but there are many rarer conditions too. So, any form of pigmentary skin problems that cannot be explained by eczema should be assessed and investigated.
Recommended Reading: What Does Baby Eczema Look Like Pictures
How To Use Emollients
Use your emollient all the time, even if you are not experiencing symptoms as they can help limit the return of your condition. Many people find it helpful to keep separate supplies of emollients at work or school.
To apply the emollient:
- use a large amount
- don’t rub it in, smooth it into the skin in the same direction that the hair grows instead
- for very dry skin, apply the emollient every two to three hours
- after a bath or shower, gently dry the skin and then immediately apply the emollient while the skin is still moist
If you are exposed to irritants at work, make sure you apply emollients regularly during and after work.
Don’t share emollients with other people.
Other Types Of Eczema
Eczema is the name for a group of skin conditions that cause dry, irritated skin. Other types of eczema include:
- atopic eczema the most common type of eczema, it often runs in families and is linked to other conditions such as asthma and hay fever
- contact dermatitis a type of eczema that happens when the skin comes into contact with a particular substance
- varicose eczema a type of eczema that usually affects the lower legs and is caused by problems with the flow of blood through the leg veins
Page last reviewed: 30 October 2019 Next review due: 30 October 2022
Read Also: How To Cure Allergic Eczema
How Is Vitiligo Diagnosed
A dermatologist can usually tell if someone has vitiligo just by looking for the telltale white patches. On people with fair skin, a special tool called a Woods lamp might be used. This lamp uses ultraviolet light in a dark room to illuminate areas of damaged skin that would otherwise be hard to see with the naked eye.
Your doctor will ask about your medical history, and probably also ask you about:
- any skin conditions you or anyone in your family has had
- past immune problems you or anyone in your family has had
- any recent rashes or sunburns
- whether you’ve been ill or under stress recently
The doctor also may do a blood test to check for thyroid problems and diabetes, since they can increase the risk of vitiligo.
Very occasionally a doctor may do a biopsy removing a small piece of the affected area to check whether there are pigment cells in the skin. If the biopsy shows there are no pigment cells, this may confirm a case of vitiligo.
Eczema Coping Tips Reducing Skin Irritation
People with eczema have sensitive skin. Irritants such as heat or detergents can easily trigger a bout of eczema.Suggestions for reducing skin irritation include:
- Avoid overheating your skin. Wear several layers of clothing that you can remove, as required, instead of one heavy layer. Dont put too many blankets on your bed and avoid doonas.
- Dont use perfumed bubble bath or bath products labelled medicated.
- Wear soft, smooth materials next to your skin, preferably 100% cotton. Avoid scratchy materials, such as pure wool, polyester or acrylic. You could try a cotton and synthetic mix material this is fine for some people with eczema. Remove labels from clothing.
- Always wear protective gloves when using any type of chemical or detergent. You may want to wear cotton gloves inside rubber or PVC gloves.
- Avoid chlorinated pools. If you have to swim in a chlorinated pool, moisturise your skin well when you get out.
Don’t Miss: Is Cbd Good For Eczema
Signs And Symptoms Of White Spots On Skin
You may not feel anything as white spots on your skin appear. However, signs of white spots on skin from sun exposure include:
- Small spots that are lighter than your normal skin color
- Round or oval-shaped spots
- Petal-shaped spots that look like a flower
- Spots on areas most exposed to sun, including arms, legs, and upper back
- Spots 2 to 6 millimeters in size
- Spots developing slowly over the years
- Spots that do not have a pattern or grouping
- Spots that do not change in size or go away once present
- Spots that are typically smooth
These white spots on skin do not affect the hair follicle or cause the hair to lose its pigment. Also, spots affect men and women differently. For example, many women gain white spots on their skin at younger ages than men.
Most people with small white spots caused by the sun do not feel any symptoms as they develop. These spots are not itchy or inflamed, and are considered harmless. The risk of developing white sun spots increases with age and frequency of unprotected sun exposure.
Triggers Of Eczema Flare
- Soaps. Never use bubble bath. It can cause a major flare-up.
- Pollens. Keep your child from lying on the grass during grass pollen season.
- Animals. Avoid any animals that make the rash worse.
- Foods. If certain foods cause severe itching , avoid them.
- Wool. Avoid wool fibers and clothes made of other scratchy, rough materials.
- Dry Air. Use a humidifier if the air in your home is dry.
- Herpes Virus Infection . Keep your child away from anyone with fever blisters . The herpes virus can cause a serious skin infection in children with eczema.
- Eczema is not caused by laundry soap you use to wash clothing.
Recommended Reading: Best Thing For Eczema On Eyelids
Don’t Miss: How Do You Develop Eczema
How To Get Rid Of Eczema With Natural Remedies
Here we are going to address the question how to treat eczema or what is good for eczema.
There is no precise reason for the occurrence of atopic eczema. Mostly the hereditary or environmental factors are expected to be the possible causes of this dermatitis disease.
In most cases, eczema will not last long, and usually, it disappears within a couple of months or after a year by itself. However, treatment is necessary to contain its severity and prevent the damage it might cause to the skin.
There is no specific cure for it, but treating the particular symptoms and preventing the flare-up of the disease is possible.
You can find several eczema treatments over the counter. Traditionally the natural remedies are used as the best eczema treatment.
After extensive research, I have picked up 10 natural treatments for eczema that are proved to be effective and in use for 100s of years.
Recommended Reading: Best Laundry Detergent For Sensitive Skin Eczema
When To Consult A Doctor
The first sign that you will have to take seriously is when you spot a white spot on any part of your body. Do not avoid the fact that it might just be a rash. Make it a point to visit a dermatologist as soon as possible, if not you may be inviting trouble. Here are some signs pertaining to vitiligo in which you will have to consult a doctor.
- When certain areas of your skin, hair or eyes are losing its original colour.
Also, you need to keep in mind that vitiligo has no sort of cure but the treatment is aimed at stopping the spreading of these white patches.
Recommended Reading: Can You Have Both Eczema And Psoriasis