My Picks: The Best Baby Wash For Eczema
Please note: I do NOT participate in affiliate marketing. I am not compensated in any way for my recommendations.
Not every product is great for sensitive skin luckily, there is no shortage of great options! Safe, gentle and effective cleansers are a must for eczema-prone skin, so Ive compiled a comprehensive list of cleansers that are specially designed with sensitive skin in mind. The best part: Most of them are very reasonably priced!
Exederm Baby Eczema Wash –$11.99Im not shy about my love for Exederms baby wash because this cleanser worked wonders for my son! Exederm keeps the focus on functionality rather than appearance or smell. Their objective is to cleanse baby’s skin and simply put, bubbles and foam are not necessary to do that. A trusted leader in the eczema community, Exederm hit a home run with this wash that gently cleanses without stripping away natural moisture and without leaving skin feeling ‘tight’, red or irritated. Its impressively been awarded the coveted National Eczema Association ‘Seal of Acceptance’ with a 5/5 score from the expert review panel. This is my choice for the best baby wash for eczema but thats simply because I had a great deal of success with it.
Cerave Baby Wash & Shampoo
- NO NASTIES & TEAR-FREE Developed with pediatric dermatologists, this gentle, tear-free, non-irritating bathtime product is a 2-in-1 baby shampoo and body wash that is hypoallergenic and free of fragrance, parabens, dyes, phthalates, and sulfates
- DAILY BABY SKIN CARE Forms a mild foam as you lather into skin and rinses clean with no residue, leaving skin feeling hydrated and fresh, not stripped of moisture
- HYDRATING CLEANSER FOR FACE AND BODY Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin’s natural moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin
- ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides to help restore and maintain the skins natural barrier
- NEA SEAL OF ACCEPTANCE Accepted by the National Eczema Association. Suitable for eczema prone skin for babies’, toddlers’, and children’s skin care
Buying Guide For Best Body Washes For Kids
Regular bath times are key in creating healthy routines for your child, whether its part of the nighttime wind-down or morning wake-up. An enjoyable bath routine and a quality body wash can help to set the tone for bedtime or the mood for the day.
Body wash has replaced bar soap as the cleanser of choice in many shower stalls and bathtubs. And this trend isnt just for adults. Many body washes are formulated with kids in mind. Some feature popular movie characters, others delight the senses with kid-friendly scents. A number even include moisturising lotions or shampoo to help you save time and money.
Are you looking for an all-in-one product to help you streamline your evening after a long day? Does your child have eczema or other skin challenges that require a little extra TLC? Or are natural ingredients a priority in your household? There are options for all, and more.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Really Bad Eczema
Dove Soothing Baby Body Wash To Soothe Delicate Baby Skin Derma Care No Artificial Perfume Or Color Paraben Free Phthalate Free 13 Oz 2 Count
- Baby Dove Derma Care Soothing Wash is designed to calm delicate baby skin and baby eczema
- This baby body wash is formulated just for baby skin and made with 100% skin natural nutrients
- Gently formulated just for baby skin, this baby wash is paraben free, phthalate free, sulfate free, dye-free, fragrance free and steroid free
- A great addition to your collection of baby bath products, this baby wash is tear free and made with colloidal oatmeal
- Designed to soothe baby eczema and irritation, this baby body wash is gentle enough for newborn skin and accepted by the National Eczema Association
Aveeno Dermexa Emollient Cream
Aveeno is the magic word on everyones lips when you mention eczema. And rightly so. Its oat-based moisturising formulas have been calming skin for years. This emollient cream is super hydrating while also being gentle enough to use even through flare ups. Its light and easily absorbed while also restoring calm to your childs raw skin and giving immediate comfort. Its packed with avenanthramides an antioxidant found in oats that will reduce inflammation long after youve applied it. If your child has a particularly bad patch of eczema, smother them in this stuff for instant relief. In addition, theres a new gorgeous smelling calming comfort range that will encourage relaxation while also giving your child Aveenos signature oat-based moisturisation.
Also Check: What Is The Best Topical Treatment For Eczema
Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo
- 18-fluid ounce bottle of gentle cleansing Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture 2-in-1 Bath Wash and Hair…
- The rich, lathering baby body wash and shampoo formula contains natural oat extract, which is known…
- The formula is tear-free, soap-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, phenoxyethanol-free…
Oat is known well for its skin healing properties. With active naturals colloidal oatmeal, Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is a natural solution for babies with eczema flares, itchiness, and similar discomforts. This gentle baby wash works great even for stubborn eczema.
This baby wash is proven safe and effective for a babys sensitive skin. It does not contain any harmful substances like steroids, paraben either. In addition, its tear-free and soap-free. However, it has a light smell.
If you are aware of animal cruelty, then you should know that this product is cruelty-free. In fact, Aveeno uses mostly plant-based formulas with certified organic ingredients.
Coconut is pretty much common in baby products. They are mostly found in baby lotions and creams, not in baby bath products. Here is a gentle body wash for babies with eczema-prone skin made of colloidal oatmeal and coconut oil.
This baby wash in enriched with naturally-derived ingredients that are proven effective to get rid of eczema. In addition, the wash gives a soothing feel when you cleanse your baby.
Best Overall: Baby Dove Tip To Toe Baby Wash And Shampoo
When it comes to bath time products for your new baby, this head-to-toe wash by Baby Dove is a homerun. It creates a rich, creamy lather that moisturizes the baby’s skin and is made with 100% natural ingredients.
The wash, which is hypoallergenic and tear-free, also has a calming chamomile scent to help soothe your tot while you wash. Affordable, gentle, and versatile, this baby wash has been approved and tested by dermatologists and pediatricians, and is an easy choice for parents everywhere.
As if its adorable packaging wasnt enough, Gro-To Sud Bud Gentle Bubble Bath is a triple threatits a shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath. The formula is plant-based and made to moisturize, soften, and soothe your childs skin.
Perfect for older babies and toddlers who love to splash in a bubble bath, this gentle cleanser is guaranteed to become a bath-time favorite. We love its delicious scent of coconut and orange with a hint of sweet honey.
Specifically designed for newborns and ultrasensitive skin, moms and gift-givers love this luxurious 2-in-1 hair and body wash from Noodle & Boo. As it nourishes and cleanses delicate skin, this mild wash preserves your infants natural moisture and oils.
Read Also: How To Heal Eczema On Lips
Burts Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash
The gentle body wash and shampoo leave a fresh scent on the babys skin after the bath. It is gentle and has a natural plant-based formula with Soy proteins that naturally moisturizes the skin. The mild baby wash and tear-free baby shampoo get a non-irritating formula to cleanse the hair and skin of babies.
Mustelas Stelatopia Cleansing Cream Gently Cleans Without Stripping The Skin Of Natural Oils
Best baby wash for eczema. Aveeno baby dermexa moisturising wash. We all know that cerave is a good brand when it comes to sensitive skin. Puracy natural baby shampoo & body wash is a good choice for baby eczema.
Cerave baby wash and shampoo for eczema. Eucerin baby eczema relief cream body wash view on amazon view on walmart view on bed bath & beyond finding a bath time product that can give your little one relief from eczema is hard, which is why we recommend a trusted brand like eucerin. Best baby wash for eczema cetaphil is a classic cleanser you may have used on your own face, so you know its gotta be good for baby:
People with eczema, especially atopic dermatitis, tend to have very dry skin in general. For relief, try these creams, body washes, lotions, and even pajamas specifically developed for eczema and. How to make eczema bumps go away.
Wind, low humidity, cold temperatures, harsh soaps and too much washing without the use of a moisturizer can lead to dry skin, which can irritate your eczema and even make it worse. Best laundry detergent for sensitive skin eczema. For small babies, we suggest trying the trubaby eczema soothing hair and body wash, or for the slightly older kiddos, the trukid ezcema care bubble podz.
Eucerin baby eczema relief cream body wash view on amazon view on bed bath & beyond view on cvs this newbie is extra creamy, extra gentle, and extra soothing. The best baby shampoos for eczema: Dove® delicate cream oil body wash:
You May Like: Best Allergy Pill For Eczema
Things To Consider After Bathtime
Regardless of the cleanser you choose, there are some things to keep in mind after bathtime. You may find the best baby wash for eczema but if you dont properly care for the skin after a bath, it wont matter. In fact, you may be making the condition worse! Here are three things you should always do after bathtime:
1. Soak and Seal
The National Eczema Association recommends always following bathtime with the soak and seal method:
- After bathing, pat the skin lightly with a towel leaving it slightly damp .
- Apply prescription topical medication to the affected areas of skin as directed .
- Within three minutes, liberally apply a moisturizer all over the body. Its important to apply the moisturizer within three minutes or the skin may become even drier.
2. Choose the Right Moisturizer
Ideally, choose a moisturizer that is high in oil content. Products that are high in oil content, such as petroleum jelly and mineral oil, are particularly good for treating eczema. They dont burn when theyre applied to sensitive skin, which is definitely a concern with some creams and lotions.
If your little one doesnt like the feel of an ointment, your best alternative is a cream. Creams are second to ointments in the amount of oil they contain, and they do a good job of sealing in moisture. Because they contain less oil, they are not as greasy to the touch.
3. Opt for Soft, Breathable Clothing or Pajamas
Choosing The Best Baby Wash
You shouldnt use regular soaps on your babys skin because many of them are too drying, and they can contain perfumes or other allergens which can irritate the skin, says Bruce Robinson, M.D., a board-certified adult and pediatric dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.
When choosing baby wash, keep the following in mind:
- Use a tear-free formula to avoid irritating your babys eyes.
- Hypoallergenic washes are best for babies with dry skin, eczema or allergies.
- Ideally, you should stick with unscented baby washes because products with fragrance can cause allergic reactions, says Dr. Robinson. If you must have a scent, opt for a wash that is naturally scented and mild.
- Avoid products that contain dyes or harsh chemicals like parabens, phthalates and sulfates. Alcohol is another ingredient to avoid. It can cause dryness, irritation, rash and breakouts, says Dr. Robinson.
- Avoid lavender bath and body products for babies and children, especially lavender essential oil. The ingredient has been shown to be an endocrine disruptor, meaning it could affect baby’s hormones and development.
There are different types of baby shampoos and washes on the market:
- Baby shampoos that are just for cleaning the hair and scalp
- Baby washes that are designed to clean babys body
- Multitasking formulas that do both jobs
Don’t Miss: Best Way To Treat Eczema On Scalp
Choosing The Best Baby Shampoo
Whether your baby is born bald or with a full head of hair, its important to keep his scalp clean with a gentle, moisturizing shampoo. Your go-to shampoo might give you luscious locks, but the chemicals in it could be too harsh on your babys skin.
Baby shampoos contain milder ingredients than those found in adult shampoos, so they wont irritate a babys eyes and skin, says , M.D., a board-certified dermatologist, assistant clinical professor of dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.
Ideally, you should look for formulas that contain natural, plant-based ingredients, says Dr. Jaliman, including:
- Fruit oils, such as raspberry and avocado oil
- Chamomile extract
- Sunflower seed oil
Steer clear of shampoos made with harsh chemicals that could irritate your babys skin. These include:
- Parabens, or chemicals that are used as preservatives in cosmetics
- Phthalates, or chemicals found in plastic
- Sulfates, specifically sodium lauryl sulfate , which is commonly found in household cleansers
- Added fragrances or perfumes, which can cause irritation or trigger an allergic reaction
You should also look for a product thats tear-free and formulated for sensitive skin.
Keep in mind, however, that just because an ingredient is natural doesnt mean it cant cause a skin reaction in a baby, says Dr. Jaliman. If you think that your baby may be allergic to a particular ingredient, call your pediatrician.
The Experts On Infant Eczema
After you have bathed your child, pat them dry with a warm soft towel. Apply and topical medications and moisturizers and suggested by a health care professional. Dermatologists recommend covering their skin with a layer of soft fabric sleepwear thats going to soothe them into a restful night of sleep. The best eczema pajamas that provide itch relief are therapeutic Soothems. Made from an FDA registered class 1 medical device skin smart fabric TEWLTect, which is dermatologist recommended to reduce itching, preserve skin moisture, and control bacterial growth while providing a positive, soothing effect. Soothems® helps keep the skin cool, moist and itch-free and protects the freshly apply topical lotions from rubbing off. From eczema suits and eczema sleeves to eczema bottoms and eczema sleepwear, our garments will lead to less itch and more smiles.
Dermatologists recommend covering a childs cradle cap after using a medicated shampoo designed specially to treat Seborrheic dermatitis, and applying any topical medication or moisturizer is very helpful in treating the condition. An excellent product to help relieve the itch and rash from Seborrheic dermatitis is the Soothems® Eczema Rash & Itch Relief Sleep Cap for Baby and toddler.
Please note that all trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Also Check: How Do You Stop Eczema Flare Ups
For Little Ones Who May Be Prone To Eczema
- Organic Babies Nappy Cream Baby Balm – organic Shea Butter, Hemp, Chamomile, Zinc Oxide and Vitamin E nurture and soothe your baby’s bottom.
- Organic Babies Scent Free Baby Wash & Shampoo – gentle Aloe Vera and Chamomile soothe your child’s sensitive skin, whilst gently cleansing skin and hair.
- Organic Babies Soothing Baby Salve – soothe and soften your child’s skin with organic Shea Butter, Hemp, Calendula and Lavender.
How To Choose The Best Baby Shampoo
Best baby shampoo and wash should be mild enough but still good cleansers. We always insist on natural, organic products because the childs health comes first. Nowadays, there is an extensive range of organic products so you can choose the ones with fragrances that you like the most.
Baby Shampoo Ingredients
Little kids skin and hair are sensitive and still in the process of developing protective barriers necessary for protection from dirt and other outside elements. The most suitable ingredients are natural ones, from different herbs to essential oils. Choosing an all-natural product should be a must.
Also Check: Tips For Eczema Flare Ups
Burts Bees Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
Another award-winning baby wash is this gentle option from Burt’s Bees, which is ideal for sensitive and eczema-prone skin.
The paediatrician tested, non-irritating hair and body wash is packed with skin-friendly goodies, but is free of phthalates, parabens, petrolatum or SLS.
Mums love it, with one saying: “The smell of this is absolutely divine. I used it exclusively on my son when he was a baby and now I buy it as a gift to new mothers. Aside from being natural and gentle for babies, the smell is just heavenly.”
For A Happy Moisturizing Baby Bath
Our baby shampoo and baby wash is gentle, pure and pleasantly scented. Use it daily to clean your babys hair and body gently. It is designed with a unique formula that does not cause irritation or drying. Available at a great price, its the perfect solution for a safe, moisturizing bath!
IngredientsWater , Decyl Glucoside, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Olea Europea Fruit Oil, Sucrose Stearate, Sodium Coco-glucoside Tartrate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Amaranth Protein, Xanthan Gum, Phytic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol
Also Check: How To Repair Damaged Skin From Eczema