Best Overall Baby Soap
Shea Baby Raw Shea Bar Soap is made of 100 percent pure unrefined shea butter, meaning its loaded with vitamins A, E and F, and the best baby soap for little ones with sensitive skin, eczema or diaper rash. Butt Shea Baby doesnt just benefit your child: A portion of the profits helps provide education and medical care to kids and moms in West Africa. Now thats a purchase you can feel really good about.
Buy It: Shea Baby Raw Shea Bar Soap, $2,
Eucerin Baby Wash And Shampoo
Baby shampoo products that contain shea butter? You may want to try this Eucerin baby wash and shampoo.
It contains pro-vitamin B5 and shea butter, both of which can encourage nourished and calmed skin that will surely aid your babys eczema or skin problem.
A mother also says that she bought several baby shampoos like Aveeno and Cetaphil to help soothe her babys eczema, but it does not help.
Then she tried this Eucerin baby wash and shampoo for her baby, and the babys skin became nourished and smooth.
Aveeno Baby Cleansing Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Wash Scent Free
Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash softens and soothes extra-dry skin without damaging the skins barrier. Formulated specially for babies, this pediatrician-recommended brand is clinically shown to be gentle to the babys sensitive skin.
The baby soap for eczema is formulated to gently cleanse without damaging the skins barrier. Clinically shown mild to sensitive skin. Fragrance-free, dye-free, and alcohol-free.
The mild formula of this baby wash combines soothing oat essence, natural colloidal oatmeal, and rich emollients to soften and relieve irritation and dryness.
Read Also: How To Help Face Eczema
How To Choose A Baby Body Wash And Shampoo
There are lots of options and lots of ingredients to consider. So how do you know what products are safe for babys skin? Consider these three things:
- Fragrances. While added fragrances may smell nice, some might cause sensitive skin to get overly dry and irritated. Many brands use essential oils or botanical extracts to create natural fragrances, but they may still aggravate sensitive skin, so its best to test a very small amount of any product with added fragrance before applying it all over your babys skin.
- Harsh chemicals. Parabens, phthalates and sulfates can irritate or even harm your babys skin, and theyre often found in adult shampoos and body washes. So its best to stick to baby-specific or sensitive skin products for babys bathtime.
- No-tear formulas. Tear-free is a real thing that refers to the absence of eye-irritating substances. So if the shampoo/body wash you choose doesnt claim to have a no-tear formula, be careful with it around babys eyes.
The Best Baby Soaps For Eczema
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
Dealing with baby eczema can be tough, which is why it’s always important to speak with an expert about how best to treat your baby’s extra-delicate skin. So when it came to narrowing down the best baby soaps for eczema, I got in touch with pediatric dermatologist Dr. Karan Lal, D.O., member of the Society for Pediatric Dermatology, who suggests sticking with products that are free of potentially irritating ingredients like “fragrance, fragrance mix, geraniol, cinnamaldehyde, hydroxycitronellal, cinnamyl alcohol, a-Amylcinnamaldehyde, isoeugenol, eugenol, and oakmoss.” The five gentle, fragrance-free baby washes featured below fit the bill. Additionally, these washes have all received the seal of approval from the National Eczema Association , a nonprofit organization that supports people of all ages with eczema.
With those key tips from Dr. Lal in mind, scroll on to shop five of the best baby washes for eczema.
Recommended Reading: Prescription Hand Cream For Eczema
Things To Consider After Bathtime
Regardless of the cleanser you choose, there are some things to keep in mind after bathtime. You may find the best baby wash for eczema but if you dont properly care for the skin after a bath, it wont matter. In fact, you may be making the condition worse! Here are three things you should always do after bathtime:
1. Soak and Seal
The National Eczema Association recommends always following bathtime with the soak and seal method:
- After bathing, pat the skin lightly with a towel leaving it slightly damp .
- Apply prescription topical medication to the affected areas of skin as directed .
- Within three minutes, liberally apply a moisturizer all over the body. Its important to apply the moisturizer within three minutes or the skin may become even drier.
2. Choose the Right Moisturizer
Ideally, choose a moisturizer that is high in oil content. Products that are high in oil content, such as petroleum jelly and mineral oil, are particularly good for treating eczema. They dont burn when theyre applied to sensitive skin, which is definitely a concern with some creams and lotions.
If your little one doesnt like the feel of an ointment, your best alternative is a cream. Creams are second to ointments in the amount of oil they contain, and they do a good job of sealing in moisture. Because they contain less oil, they are not as greasy to the touch.
3. Opt for Soft, Breathable Clothing or Pajamas
What Is Baby Eczema
Eczema is a condition wherein certain areas or patches of the skin become too dry, inflamed, and itchy. In worse cases, these crusty patches become blisters that can get your baby pretty uncomfortable.
Eczema is quite common among babies. Although generally, eczema is considered as a continuous challenge. Most babies that have acquired this dry skin condition can outgrow it.
Eczema is a general term used to refer to a number of its types. The most common is atopic dermatitis. Other types of eczema are contact dermatitis and dyshidrotic eczema among several others.
The most common symptom of eczema is patches of dry and rough skin that are oftentimes itchy. These spots of inflamed skin can occur in any part of your baby’s body. Baby eczema is a manageable case so parents really don’t have to worry too much about it.
Read Also:What is the best baby shampoo for curly hair?
Baby eczema can be genetic and sometimes triggered by certain types of food or allergens . Eczema is not a contagious type and there’s practically a spectrum if medications and alternative solutions in soothing as well as in healing the affected areas of the skin. Obviously, it goes without saying you should consult your dermatologist and pediatricians to ensure your baby is receiving the care they need.
Recommended Reading: Does Sea Water Help Eczema
Aveeno Baby Soothing Hydration Creamy Body Wash With Natural Oatmeal Baby Bath Wash For Dry & Sensitive Skin Hypoallergenic Fragrance
- 8-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Baby Soothing Hydration Creamy Body Wash to gently cleanse sensitive skin and leave it feeling hydrated for 24 hours
- Made with natural Oatmeal, this rich, creamy baby wash is clinically proven relieve dry, sensitive skin when used with Soothing Relief Moisturizing Cream
- This baby dry skin relief wash features a pH-balanced, hypoallergenic and tear-free formula so its gentle enough for sensitive skin and helps leave dry skin looking and feeling healthier
- This moisturizing bath wash is specially formulated for babies and is free from fragrances, soaps, phthalates, parabens, sulfates and phenoxyethanol
- For use, squeeze this creamy oatmeal baby wash onto hands or soft cloth, apply to babys skin and spread gently, then rinse clean. Aveeno is a pediatrician and dermatologist recommended brand
Its Possible To Ditch The Itch With The Right Baby Eczema Soap
Its no secret babies have sensitive skin. Along with rashes, eczema is up at the top of the list in terms of common babys skin conditions.
Our daughter had patches of eczema for the first few years of her life. Now that shes two, she seems to be growing out of it, although my niece and nephew have continued to suffer with eczema past toddlerhood. And every once in a while, our daughter still gets little flareups.
As a parent its pretty painful watching kids suffer with dryness and itchiness, especially in the early days. With a newborn or infant in the house, it feels like youre constantly guessing to figure out why theyre crying.
My husband and I were willing to try almost anything to know we were making our daughter a little bit more comfortable as an infant. And that included cycling our way through different body wash and eczema cream for babies to find some relief.
If your babys skin is eczema prone, or they simply have sensitive skin that doesnt tolerate harsh chemicals like VOCs or phthalates, and prefers fragrance free baby wash, weve rounded up some great solutions.
In this article, weve also only focused on the best baby soap for eczema . We havent covered any baby eczema cream, although I hope to do some research on that topic in the future! You can also get started with our round up of the best non-toxic baby lotions, which may have a few good options.
You May Like: How Do I Get Rid Of Eczema
Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo
- 18-fluid ounce bottle of gentle cleansing Aveeno Daily Moisture Baby Bath Wash and Shampoo with…
- The rich lathering baby body wash and shampoo formula rinses clean without drying baby’s skin and…
- Formulated with natural oat extract, which is carefully extracted from the oat kernel for its…
Oat is known well for its skin healing properties. With active naturals colloidal oatmeal, Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is a natural solution for babies with eczema flares, itchiness, and similar discomforts. This gentle baby wash works great even for stubborn eczema.
This baby wash is proven safe and effective for a babys sensitive skin. It does not contain any harmful substances like steroids, paraben either. In addition, its tear-free and soap-free. However, it has a light smell.
If you are aware of animal cruelty, then you should know that this product is cruelty-free. In fact, Aveeno uses mostly plant-based formulas with certified organic ingredients.
Coconut is pretty much common in baby products. They are mostly found in baby lotions and creams, not in baby bath products. Here is a gentle body wash for babies with eczema-prone skin made of colloidal oatmeal and coconut oil.
This baby wash in enriched with naturally-derived ingredients that are proven effective to get rid of eczema. In addition, the wash gives a soothing feel when you cleanse your baby.
Pipette Baby Shampoo + Body Wash
The Pipette company employs biologists, dermatologists, and pediatricians to test their baby wash.
Theyve also gone to the trouble of getting it verified by the EWG.
Most likely, that wasnt difficult, as the formulas non-irritating ingredients like artificial fragrances and is sulfate-free.
Furthermore, just a pea-sized amount can cleanse your child from head to toe.
It has squalane and glycerin to attract plenty of moisture into the skin.
Don’t Miss: How To Rid Of Eczema On Face
Seventh Generation Foaming Baby Shampoo And Wash
Seventh Generations baby wash is orally non-toxic. If your child drinks it, it shouldnt make them sick.
But how does it work for eczema-prone skin?
Most likely, it will depend on your childs specific needs.
The benefits include pure coconut oil and certified biological ingredients. There are no parabens, gluten, soy, formaldehyde donors, or phthalates.
Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Cream Body Wash Gentle Cleanser For Eczema
- Gentle cleanser designed for babys sensitive, eczema-prone skin
- Non-foaming body wash has low surfactant formula which helps avoid dryness and irritation from cleansing by not stripping skin of its natural moisture
- Enriched with 2% Colloidal Oatmeal and ceramides to help protect babys skin
- Fragrance free, Dye Free and soap Free and is gentle enough for everyday use
- For daily maintenance of eczema-prone skin, Use Eucerin Baby Eczema cream after bathing. Check out the entire Eucerin Baby Eczema line for a complete eczema skin care regimen
Read Also: How Do You Heal Eczema
Dr Eddies Happy Cappy Daily Shampoo & Body Wash For Children Soothes Dry Itchy Sensitive Eczema Prone Skin Dermatologist Tested No Fragrance No Dye 8 Oz
- Free of common skin irritants like fragrance, dye, alcohol, phthalates, and preservatives known as parabens. Offers a rich lather while avoiding harsh sulfates like SLS or SLES. Gluten free, and does not contain formaldehyde or any formaldehyde-releasing compounds.
- Complies with PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ECZEMA by: being free of harsh lathering ingredients, being hypoallergenic, being fragrance free, and by having a low pH to match the low pH of normal skin which preserves the skins barrier function.
- Ingredients were carefully selected for their soothing and hydrating propertiesOatmeal Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Aloe Vera, Provitamin B5, and Hyaluronic Acid. Over 95% of our ingredients are of natural plant-based origin.
- This gentle cleanser is cruelty free, vegan, dermatologist tested and for optimal results should be used with irritant free Happy Cappy Moisturizing Cream. It is an excellent companion to Dr. Eddies Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo & Body Wash.
Trukid Eczema Soothing Face And Body Wash Gently Cleanses And Moisturizes Sensitive Skin
Baby soap for eczema our deeply emollient eczema formulations helps encourage the skin to seal in hydration, providing effective relief for all ages. Baby safe for newborns and up. Supercharged with oat, chamomile, and aloe to provide ultimate comfort for psoriasis sufferers. Cleanse with our scrub, then coating moisturizer, followed by sunscreen for ultimate protection.
Treat the itchy signs of eczema with super-emollient and hydrating TruKid goods to assist kids to sleep better and be much more comfortable through the day. TruKid is dedicated to providing truly natural skincare to educate kids on healthy habits while making parents lives easier.
TruKid skincare has everything you will need to protect and nurture your family all day long. Among TruKid Products, our sunscreens give excellent UVA protection along with a good balance of UVA protection in relation to the SPF, without leaving a white tint on the skin.
Don’t Miss: Lotion For Children’s Eczema
Cetaphil Baby Wash And Shampoo With Organic Calendula
Are you a fan of Cetaphil products? You may want to try this Cetaphil baby wash and shampoo for your babys eczema. The calendula helps soothes and moisturize your babys scalp leaving them soft, clean, and fresh.
It cleans your babys skin gently enough without leaving them dry, healthy, and protected. Instead, it helps your babys skin retain moisture.
According to some mommies, this Cetaphil shampoo helped her baby daughters sensitive scalp moisturized within just a week. She even says that even her babys skin is moisturized and smooth.
The Overall Best Baby Soap For Eczema
This cleansing gel from Mustela is part of the brand’s Stelatopia collection, which was created exclusively for eczema-prone skin. This fragrance-free gel, which also features the NEA Seal Of Acceptance, is safe for use on all ages, including newborns. Like the Cetaphil cleanser, it’s made with shea butter, sunflower oil, and glycerin, but instead of filaggrin, the hero ingredient in here is avocado perseose. The formula is tear-free, alcohol-free, and paraben-free, but unlike the Cetaphil cleanser, this is a gel, so it’s not as creamy. It’ll set you back a few more dollars, but you do get nearly 2 more ounces of product.
Don’t Miss: Best Laundry Detergent For Sensitive Skin Eczema
The Best Baby Washes For Eczema:
Shea Moisture Baby Wash & Shampoo
Shea natural Moisture leaves out artificial fragrances, phthalates, parabens and gluten to protect sensitive skin.
Then, it contains certified organic shea as well as cocoa butter and mango butter. These are excellent natural conditioners.
While aloe calms irritation, Vitamin E promotes healing. This is the perfect choice for your little one.
You May Like: Oil Based Ointments For Eczema
Rafiki Honey Baby Child Body Soap
We predict this baby soap for eczema honey Baby Child because this term was used in older times to highlight a point. This soap certainly gets the point that Natural is Beautiful. This soap states as it cleanses your entire body which is made from Olive oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, and Cocoa Butter.
To Read more about the benefits of Coconut Oil, check out our review on Best Coconut Oil for Babies.
Organic Colorant and Fragrance. No harmful chemicals or additives. This soap comes beautifully handmade packed in sizes 4.5 ounces. Handcrafted in tiny batches with the owners original recipe so that every product is delivered straight to our buddies with love and special care.
Read Of Some Of The Aromababy Customer Reviews:
What parents say:
Your barrier balm is a lifesaver for my babys eczema. Ive tried everything and this is the only product that works and it works FAST, Im buying more online now. Louise
Our son Logan was born 15 weeks premature. After a 13 week roller coaster ride he has finally made it. Having such tender skin he was most susceptible to nappy rash, the nursing staff used the Aromababy Barrier Balm on him instead of the chemical one. THE NAPPY RASH WENT ALMOST OVERNIGHT Anita & Kirk
Since my 2 year old developed eczema, Ive tried a number of cortisone and other medicinal creams prescribed by our GP. One day in a chemist I found Aromababy. I was pleased to notice that within a week of using Aromababy, my daughter was no longer scratching herself and slowly the eczema cleared up. I was pleased to note that the products were reasonably priced. Lynne C
I usually purchase two of the Barrier Balm 100g at a time as my 4 month old has allergy prone skin and its the only thing Ive found that works for him.Leah
What midwives say:
We have had tremendous feedback from the mothers who have used the Aromababy Bath Gel Fiona, Midwife, Auckland
We use the Aromababy products on the wards for young children requiring very gentle and soothing products Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Australia
We highly recommend the Aromababy products to all our patients Sue, Private Hospital, Melbourne
Recommended Reading: Which Soap Is Good For Eczema