Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash
Soothes Dry, Itchy, Irritated Skin
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash is specially designed to soothe, replenish, and protect eczema-prone skin from head to toe. Clinically proven to relieve dry, itchy skin, this creamy cleanser calms skin for long-lasting relief. Its unique formulation of ingredients helps support skin’s natural barrier while delivering much needed hydration.
What’s in the Box:
This Product is Great For:
- Babies as young as 3 months
- Other forms of chronic dry skin
- Atopic Dermatitis
Is Cetaphil Good For Oily Skin
Yes! Cetaphil is an excellent choice for oily skin, this is because its very effective in removing dirt and oil on the skin. When used daily, Cetaphil removes excess oil on the skin and this improved the appearance of the skin every day.
But its very important to use caution when its your first time using Cetaphil, a good start is by using the cleanser and later on you can use lotions, creams, e.t.c.
Analysis Of Ingredients Using Research From
- Sodium Chloride. Table salt. Used as preservative or abrasive ingredient.
- Sodium Trideceth Sulfate. Cleansing agent
- sodium lauroamphoacetate
- Citric Acid. Natural preservative, chelating agent, removes unwanted compounds from the skin.
- disodium edta Edta. Chelating agent, removes unwanted compounds from the skin. Considered safe because it’s difficult to absorb through skin
- Shea Butter. Very effective skin moisturizer.
- niacinamide Vitamin B3. Moisturizes skin and improves skin appearance.
- caprylyl glycol Caprylyl Glycol. Skin conditioner, moisturizer
- glycerin Glycerin. Effects include significant improvement in the hydration of the outer layer of skin, reduction of small wrinkles
- helianthus annuus seed oil Sunflower Seed Oil. Sunflower seed oil is used as an emollient. It is a good source of Vitamin E and helps heal dry skin.
- Guar Gum. Skin conditioning agent
Original List of Ingredients:Merchant’s description of this product:
You May Like: Can Eczema Turn Into Psoriasis
Curl Itch Defense Calming Body Wash Dry Skin
A fusion of Cue and Well, the brand Curel® was developed for people with dry, sensitive, and eczema-prone skin by building on Kaos pioneering ceramide research. With its sensitive skin formula, Curél products were advised by medical specialists as a way to benefit their patients.
Curél Skincare stands out from competing products due to its cationic technology. Cationic technology allows the ointment to adhere to dry skin more effectively and leave no greasy residue behind. Curél products still use cationic technology to provide an exceptional non-greasy feeling.
Key points relating to Eczema treatment
- The National Eczema Association awarded the Seal of Acceptance to Curel Itch Defense Body Wash. People with severe skin conditions, and certainly those with eczema, can use such products for sure.
- The product contains highly moisturizing olive and jojoba oils that hydrate the skin.
- People find it really effective when combining this body wash with Curel® Itch Defense® Body Lotion, which helps prevent dry, itchy skin from forming.
- Curél Itch Defense Lotion helps rebalance three components of healthy-feeling skin- ceramide levels, pH levels, and moisture levels.
- With the exclusive Ceramide Complex, Curel moisturizers help replenish ceramides. During this process, the skins moisture barrier is repaired, leaving it hydrated and healthy-looking.
Clinically tested to help relieve dry, itchy skin
A soap-free formula
Suitable for most skin types
Buying Guide And Body Wash For Eczema Recommendations For 2022
The following factors need to be considered before buying your first body wash for eczema.
Use the Google search bar to find reviews of products. The products sold by market place rank first, isnt that true? market place products are popular for a reason.
Also, market places direct relationship with manufacturers makes it an extremely trustworthy platform. What would you prefer to buy: a new laptop from the manufacturer or a retailer?
It is undoubtedly the latter that we prefer.
Since market place has thousands of manufacturers around the world, it is similar to a third party. market place may have the advantage of supplying comprehensive guides for each laptop model.
All products on the market have vivid descriptions, so choosing is easier.
Consider, for instance, going through the best body wash for eczema specification guide, which provides details on brands, sizes, and functions of the body wash for eczemas.
What specific feature are you seeking in a body wash for eczema? At market place, weve got your back. The website offers the best tools for finding the laptops you prefer. If you choose one, make sure it has the functionality you need.
The right body wash for eczema must be chosen based on research. Here are some questions you might ask yourself when buying:
There is nothing scientific about the questions listed on this page. They are just examples. Information from reputed online sources can help you satisfy your curiosity.
Recommended Reading: Causes Of Eczema Flare Ups In Babies
Clinically Proven To Temporarily Protect And Relieve Minor Skin Irritations And Itching Due To Eczema
- Reformulated with Medicinal ingredient: 1% Colloidal Oatmeal
- Ceramide-infused moisturizer absorbs quickly to replenish skins natural oils
- Allantoin and panthenol to help soothe and alleviate itchy skin
- Filaggrin technology improves skins ability to retain moisture
- Fragrance and steroid-free
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: AVENA SATIVA 1%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AQUA, ALLANTOIN, L-ARGININE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CERAMIDE NP, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, CETYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM ETHYLENE DICOCAMIDE PEG-15 DISULFATE, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, NICOTINAMIDE, D-PANTHENOL, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM PCA, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SORBITOL, DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE .
Directions: Use daily. Apply to affected area as needed. For optimal care, cleanse skin, pat dry and apply lotion to damp skin to lock in moisture. Store at room temperature .
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms worsen or last more than 7 days.
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash Review
- by Richa Singh
In this post, I would be reviewing Cetaphil RestoraDerm Eczema Calming Body Wash for all of you Read on for more details on this body wash.
Product Description:Same eczema-soothing power, now easier to find at the shelf! Cetaphil RestoraDerm® Eczema Calming Body Wash is formulated to soothe dry, itchy skin associated with eczema and atopic dermatitis. Using advanced technology, this creamy wash gently cleanses and rinses without irritation and holds skinnourishing oils in a gentle, soapfree cleanser.
- Clinically proven to provide non-irritating and moisture-enhancing cleansing, while soothing the dry, itchy, skin symptoms associated with eczema-prone skin.
- Patented cleansing technology offers rich suds that preserve skin hydration, leaving skin soft and smooth.
- Advanced Filaggrin technology helps moisturize as it cleanses.
- Safe even for babies as young as three months.
Price:13.99 USD for 10 fl.oz. .
Read Also: Best Lotion For Baby Eczema On Face
How Do You Know If Cetaphil Is Working For You
The best way to know and notice the difference Cetaphil is bringing to your skin is by taking photos before starting to use the product and then take photos again a few weeks after using the product, by doing so youll see if the product is working for you or not.
The photos are also a way to see if the product is helping your condition or making it worse.
Dont Miss: Best Hypoallergenic Soap For Eczema
Body Wash Vs Shower Gel
very dry, sensitive skin should use a moisturizing body wash
For oily or normal skin, shower gel is good
Although shower gels and body washes both clean skins from dirt, sweat, and dead skin cells, shower gels tend to be more aggressive and can cause excessive skin dryness. Typically, body washes are more gentle, resulting in greater hydration.
Gels and washes differ mainly by their consistency. In comparison to liquid hand soap or dish soap, body washes are thinner and runnier. Comparatively, shower gels are usually not runny and have a gel-like consistency.
But ultimately, the content of a product matters more than whether it is called a gel or a wash. When it comes to providing luxurious skin with enticing scents, choosing high-quality formulas like those in Epicuren Discoverys body care line will be best.
A shower gel is composed of the same ingredients as soap water, betaines, and SLS but the main difference is their surfactant compounds , which help to remove oily dirt. Surfactants arent created by saponification, but by reacting oils or fats with lye.
Surfactants in shower gels are made from synthetic detergents or from plant-based sources. As a result, the product may also feel less drying to the skin than soap. Those accustomed to soap might feel less squeaky clean using shower gels.
Dermatologists state that this body wash cleans gently, leaving the skin soft and smooth. The texture is creamy and rich, adding to the luxuriant feel.
Also Check: Eczema Cream For Sensitive Skin
Clinically Proven To Cleanse Without Irritation And Hydrate And Soothe Dry Itchy Skin
- Miracare® cleansing technology delivers skin-nourishing oils
- Filaggrin technology improves the skins ability to retain moisture
- Soap-free, non-drying wash
- Hydrates and soothes dry, itchy skin
AQUA, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, SODIUM TRIDECETH SULFATE, GLYCERIN, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, COCAMIDE MEA, CITRIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM PCA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, ALLANTOIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ARGININE, DISODIUM EDTA .
Apply directly to wet skin. Avoid eye area. Massage into lather, rinse, and pat skin dry. For optimal care, follow wash with a moisturizer, such as Cetaphil PRO RESTORADERM Eczema Soothing Moisturizer, to lock in moisture.
My Experience With Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash:
I was tempted to try this body wash because Ive always loved Cetaphil products, and I was on the lookout for a super-nourishing body wash that wont leave my skin feeling dry and itchy. I also suffer from a patch of eczema on my palm, so I tried this hoping that it wont aggravate or irritate the sameeven if it doesnt necessarily calm or heal it.
Im almost through with the entire bottle of this body wash. I have been using it almost everyday. It is a gentle and nourishing body wash that surprisingly lathers quite well. Unlike most body washes, this does not strip my skin of moisture and does not leave it feeling dry or itchy. However, this is not the kind of deeply hydrating body wash that you wouldnt need to use a moisturizer after.
This is a soap-free cleanser, so it is ideal for everyday use. It is of a creamy and runny consistency, with a very mild natural fragrancenothing overpowering or artificial. Overall, this is a great body wash for everyday use. It cleans well without overtly drying the skin. It is gentle on the skin and will not aggravate any eczema condition. Its also ideal for the winter season.
Also Check: Best Eczema Treatment For Toddlers
What Sets Cetaphil Restoraderm Apart From Other Products
- Good for sensitive skinMany anti-eczema steroids or creams can be quite harsh. The raw antibacterial solutions can be effective in fighting rashes, however, they are also known to be irritating or hurtful to the skin surrounding. Cetaphil Restoraderm, however, is designed for people with sensitive skin which makes it perfect particularly for children and babies. Keep in mind that the cream is still effective in fighting eczema but isnt damaging to the skin.
- Two strong effects from one productThe product is exceptionally powerful in not only treating eczema but also deeply moisturizing the skin. Other products may claim to do both but are typically lacking in one area. Various eczema creams fight off eczema but fail to moisturize and rejuvenate damaged skin. On the other hand, some products are quite good at moisturizing the skin but have formulas that are much too weak to be effective in treating eczema effectively. With Cetaphil Restoraderm you get a happy medium between a strong moisturizer and powerful eczema treatment.
- Extremely fast acting formulaPut plainly and simply, the stuff works. Cetaphil Restoraderm is of the most powerful eczema creams that you can get without a prescription. That being said, your skin can clear up in a short number of uses since the cream is known to be extremely fast acting on rashes.
Dont Miss: How To Stop Itchy Scalp Eczema
What To See In Eczema Body Wash For Adults
Before buying a body wash, you need to consider some important factors. Our top body cleansers for treating eczema were chosen after considering such factors. The following are some of the key features:
- Checked labels for formulas that contain moisturizing ingredients and products without added fragrances and harsh chemicals.
- To soothe and moisturize sensitive skin, look for ingredients such as dimethicone, glycerin, and petroleum in general, the fewer ingredients, the better.
- You should choose products that have the NationalEczemaAssociations seal when you have dry skin thats also prone to eczema.
- If you purchase such products online, ensure that they have been recommended by dermatologists.
- User reviews and feedback from various websites that sell the products must be considered.
- Avoid a body wash that lathers or foams a lot
Also Check: How To Heal Eczema Flare Up
Dove Dry Skin Relief Body Wash
Dove positions itself as a skincare brand that cares for you. It certainly does, which is why the DermaSeries line came out. This body wash, in particular, might be compelling for psoriasis sufferers with extremely dry skin.
This gentle cleansing wash by Dove soothes dry skin and can give immediate relief to itchy skin. This includes irritation and scaly skin patches brought about by psoriasis.
The formula contains skin-mimicking lipids and sunflower oil to moisturize the skin and give it that signature Dove softness. This body wash is up to ten times more nourishing than other body washes out there! Its the perfect way to soothe psoriasis while reversing skin dryness.
With a skin-safe ingredients list containing no harsh ingredients, this body wash is very mild and gentle. It doesnt contain fragrance, soap, and other potentially harmful chemicals. The formula is hypoallergenic, so even those with delicate skin need not worry about bad reactions to the product.
- Soothes and gives dry, itchy skin immediate relief
- Contains lipids and sunflower oil to moisturize the skin
- Ten times more nourishing than other body wash options available
- Mild and gentle, but effective at washing away bacteria and germs
- Hypoallergenic and contains no fragrance or soap
- Hardly lathers feels more like a lotion that you can rinse off
Other Important Factors To Consider
What is a body wash for psoriasis?
When you have psoriasis, even your choice of body wash matters. A good body wash to help treat psoriasis is one that can help soothe the skin and relieve it of itchiness and any burning sensation from flare-ups. These are often medicated, but can also be all-natural.
These body washes can either be specially formulated for people with psoriasis or just doctor-approved mild and gentle soaps. Either can be very effective, as long as you choose the right one.
How does a body wash for psoriasis work?
These body washes should have soothing ingredients that calm the skin during or after psoriasis flare-ups. Like with any other body wash, you spread them across the skin, then lather up if possible, to cleanse the body. The big difference is that the ingredients should work to curb irritation.
For body washes with active acids that can gently exfoliate, it works a bit differently. Theres a noticeable physical change when these exfoliating body washes come into play because these help scaly skin to disappear after flare-ups. A body wash like this will slowly slough off the dead, thick skin cells that make up the scales. In a few uses, the scales should be shed gently and without pain.
Who is this type of body wash for?
These body washes are mainly for people with psoriasis. Because of the similarities between psoriasis and eczema, these can work for sufferers of the latter as well.
What are the types of body washes for psoriasis?
Recommended Reading: How To Soothe Eczema Itch
Natralia Eczema And Psoriasis Wash
If you love incorporating natural botanicals and plant extracts into your skincare, youll enjoy this 2-in-1 wash and shampoo by Natralia.
This is a terrific, refreshing body wash and shampoo that gives immediate relief of itching and irritation from rashes and flare-ups. It also alleviates dryness to a degree, because of its soft, nourishing consistency. Because it works as a shampoo too, its great for sensitive scalps that sometimes carry the burden of psoriasis flare-ups.
This body wash is loaded with anti-inflammatory botanicals, plant extracts, and essential oils to treat eczema and psoriasis. Some of these natural ingredients include calendula, bergamot oil, and aloe vera. These are great for soothing the skin and helping retain hydration and moisture in its layers.
Another cool thing about this body wash is that it has silk amino acids and keratin. These strengthen and protect the hair, making your locks less prone to breakage.
Even though this body wash lathers up nicely and cleanses deeply, it has a very skin-friendly formulation. It doesnt contain any sulfates, which are the harsh cleaning agents you see in regular soaps. Because its sulfate-free, this body wash wont dry out the skin like other soaps tend to.
- Contains ethanol, an alcohol that may be irritating or drying for some skin types
A Little About Cetaphil
Cetaphil is an over the counter face product that is available as a cleansers or moisturizers and is produced by Galderma Laboratories a cosmetics and skincare company founded by a Texas-based joint venture between LOreal and Nestle.
This is one of the most trusted face products and have received the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval and are the most recommended products by dermatologists and pediatricians for treating skin problems.
Cetaphil is known for curing and preventing certain types of skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, rosacea, e.t.c but can it help get rid of eczema? Is Cetaphil good for eczema as well?
In this article well explain and see if Cetaphil is good for eczema, a skin condition bothering a lot of people around the world. So before we do that, lets find out a little bit about eczema, what it is and its the type and one gets this skin condition.
Eczema is a skin condition whereby patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, red, cracked, and rough. And there are several types of eczema which include the following:
Recommended Reading: How To Treat Nummular Eczema