Recipe #: Shea Butter Eczema Blend
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 15 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 2 ounces of unrefined Shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
- 4-ounce empty clean jar
Directions: Add the Shea butter into the jar and mash it with a fork. Then add essential oils and wheat germ oil. Use a hand mixer for two minutes to blend the ingredients. Tight the jar and store it at room temperature. Rub the mixture on the affected parts of your body.
Doterra Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil may help reduce inflammation and restore balance to the skin. Lavender oil has exceptional anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Its a good choice for people with sensitive skin, says Debra Jaliman, MD, a dermatologist in private practice in New York City. Lavender, such as doTerra Lavendar Essential Oil, is particularly good for people with redness due to rosacea and skin that is irritated by eczema, Dr. Jaliman adds. Be sure to use this essential oil with a carrier oil, or add a few drops of it to your bath water. Because the Food and Drug Administration has not approved lavender for medicinal use, be absolutely sure its safe to add to your skincare regimen by consulting with your doctor beforehand.
Also Check: Can You Get Eczema On Your Eyelids
How To Manage Eczema
Here are some simple things that may help you determine the cause and help manage your symptoms:
- Use an elimination diet to systematically remove dairy and gluten from your diet while you monitor your symptoms
- Stay adequately hydrated
- Limit what you put on your skin
- Switch to natural body care products like this body balm
- Keep skin naturally moisturized ALL THE TIME
Also Check: Psoriasis And Eczema Treatment Center
Why Eczema And Essential Oils Are A Poor Mix
There are several reasons people with eczema should skip essential oils:
- Ingredients may vary. Theyâre usually made through a steam distillation process that uses heat and chemicals to extract their scent and other properties. The result is a highly concentrated liquid mix of chemicals that can include terpenes, aldehydes, alcohols, esters, ethers, ketones, and more.
- Theyâre unregulated. In addition, the FDA places most of these products in the same category as cosmetics, which means they donât regulate quality or advertising claims. Thereâs no way to tell, for example, if the oils you buy were made from plants treated with pesticides or contain only the ingredients listed on the label.
- They raise your risk of skin irritation. Your skin is even more likely to react when you have eczema. Thatâs because the inflammation it causes disturbs and can leave tiny breaks in your skin barrier. This makes it easier for your skin to absorb the irritants and allergens in essential oils.
If you have eczema you shouldnât use essential oils in any form. They can cause skin reactions even when you mix small amounts with a milder oil, add a few drops to your bath water, or use products that list them as ingredients.
You should also avoid diffusers that release their scent — and other compounds — into the air you breathe. The airborne particles can cause skin reactions and other symptoms in people who are sensitive to them.
Natural Bath Oil For Eczema
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
Add ¼ cup coconut or olive oil to warm bathwater. Select an essential oil of your choosing, and add approximately five drops. Allow the oil to evenly disperse in the water. Both carrier and essential oils will stay on top of the water so make sure to massage it into the skin while soaking in the tub.
Recommended Reading: Cotton Gloves For Eczema Target
Miracle Salve With Free Printable Labels
You guys! I cant believe its taken me so long to tell you about my homemade miracle salve recipe. I was just making it for Christmas presents and it dawned on me that I never told you about it. What was I thinking?! You need to know about this stuff.
This salve is seriously the best. I cant say enough good things about it. It will soothe and heal the driest of dry, cracked, chapped and scaly skin. It really is like a miracle cream. Its one of those things you just have to try to believe and then youll realize why Im so crazy about it.
My grandmother swears by it. My friend, Danielle says its her go to cream to help her kidss eczema. My husband even loves it for his hands and his face in the winter. He tells me it works really well at protecting his face from windburn when he goes hunting.
It works wonders for dry hands and feet. Just rub some on your hands and feet before you go to bed, let the nourishing ingredients work their magic when you are sleeping and youll wake up with baby soft skin. Its that good. You can use this homemade salve for hands, feet, face, elbows, even lips! Heck, I even use it for my dogs paws. In the cold, harsh winter months when I need extra moisturizer to combat dry skin, I use it as my nightly face cream I love this stuff so much!
Luxe Hydration Bath Melts
Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon of Beeswax
½ Cup of Shea Butter
¼ Cup of Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon of Olive or Almond Oil
¼ Cup of Ground Oats
Drizzle of Honey
1. Melt the butters over low heat on the stove top. Stir often. This may take 10-15 minutes.
2. Once thoroughly melted add in liquid oils and honey.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Pour into silicone molds and put in the fridge to cool.
5. Once solid, remove from molds and place into a container.
6. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
This is a great recipe for those suffering with eczema, psoriasis or chapped, dry winter skin. Your bath time will never be the same with this silky butter bath melt!
Also Check: What To Put On Eczema On Feet
Applying Pure Essential Oils Safely
As always, to safely apply mother natures best to your skin, we recommend adding 3-6 drops of Pure Essential Oils in total to 12ml of your chosen carrier oil. Carrier oils such as coconut oil and jojoba oil are completely natural allowing pure essential oils to be safely applied to the skin in an effective manner.
What Type Of Soap Is This
This homemade soap is a melt and pour soap recipe. I find it much easier to make than cold process soap or hot process. This is a good soap for eczema thats very easy to make.
I really dont like working with lye water or any type of lye solution containing sodium hydroxide. If you dont mind working with a lye mixture, you can certainly try to modify this recipe.
Read Also: How To Treat Contact Eczema
Shea Butter Cream Recipe
- Â½ cup of raw shea butter
- Â½ cup of coconut oil, or Â¼ cup of olive or almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 8 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops of geranium or myrrh essential oil
Use a double boiler to melt the shea butter and coconut oil. Once they are blended well, add the honey and stir. Then add the lavender and tea tree essential oils and continue to blend.
Let the mixture cool until it begins to thicken. Then use a mixer to blend for several minutes until it froths. Continue blending every 10 minutes until the mixture has the appearance of a lotion.
Pour the mixture into a container and store at room temperature.
Apply to the affected areas as needed.
Plant Therapy Kidsafe Skin Soother Essential Oil Blend 10 Ml 100% Pure Undiluted Therapeutic Grade
- NOURISHES DRY SKIN: Skin Soother Essential Oil Blend is made from Palmarosa, Atlas Cedarwood, Lavender, Coriander, Egyptian Geranium, Patchouli, Rose absolute, and Sandalwood. This KidSafe essential oil blend is great for helping relieve irritated skin.
- DRY PATCHES: Skin Soother has a fresh, herbal, and light floral aroma. It is a useful addition to DIY lotions to help relieve dry, rough, red patches of skin. Dilute to 1-3% in a carrier and apply to area of concern.
- BATCH SPECIFIC GC-MS REPORTS ON EVERY OIL: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of testing including organoleptic and multiple rounds of GC-MS testing by a third-party laboratory.
- HIGH-QUALITY AFFORDABLE ESSENTIAL OILS: At Plant Therapy, our goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as we possibly can, by selling such a high-quality product at an affordable price. Be confident knowing you are purchasing quality oils at direct-to-consumer prices.
- CERTIFIED AROMATHERAPISTS ON STAFF: Our customers are our #1 priority and wed love for you to join the Plant Therapy Family. Our Certified Aromatherapists are happy to help you with all of your Essential Oil questions. In addition, we offer a risk-free 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Additional Info :
You May Like: Best Organic Baby Lotion For Eczema
Essential Oils Your Skin Loves
For centuries many cultures have looked toessential oils to enhance their daily lives, perform religious rites, support wellness, and wear as perfumes. Not only are essential oils extremely versatile but many also contain naturally occurring constituents that are practically made for one particular usage: beautifying the skin.
Unlike skin care products that rely on harsh and synthetic ingredients, essential oils use their natural properties to brighten, smooth, and moisturize the appearance of skin in a way that leaves you feeling perfectly pampered.
Check out some of our skincare favorites to get your glow on!
Buying Guide: Here Are Some Tips To Help You Make The Right Choice:
When it comes to shopping for a essential oil blend for eczema, we are often confused about the right choice. We want to ensure that we choose the best product for our needs. This is the reason why we have put together this guide on picking the right product.
- Know what you want: Before looking for the product, know what exactly you need and want to narrow down your search criteria and find the best product for your needs. Once you know what you want, it will be easier for you to find a good product that suits your needs.
- Do some research: Check out customer reviews, expert reviews and other types of reviews before buying a product. Read them carefully and then decide if they are worth buying or not. This will help make an informed choice when buying anything online or offline.
- Need: You will first ask yourself what you want this product for? For instance, if you want it for cleaning purposes, you should look at features like power or suction strength, while if it is for vacuuming, then look at weight and ease of use.
- Budget: Once you know what you want, its time to consider your budget. You need to set aside enough money to buy this machine so that you dont spend more than what you had planned originally. It is also wise not to go overboard with your budget as other things also need attention. So make sure that whatever amount of money allocated for this purchase is well spent by getting the best possible quality from the market.
Don’t Miss: Types Of Eczema On Feet
How Eos Work For Treating Eczema
EOs are Mother Natures most concentrated form and they contain high amounts of active compounds that give the natural oils their well-known healing properties.
When using EOs for eczema treatment youll want to look for specific, high-quality oils that have:
Tea tree essential is an excellent choice for a wide range of skin conditions and inflammation.
Its been used by Australian Aboriginals for hundreds of years because of its potent healing capacity.
A 2010 clinical trial published in the Archives of Dermatological Research found tea tree oil to be more effective at treating eczema than zinc oxide, a commonly used agent.
Since tea tree is strong it can be an irritant, especially in sensitive skin types.
Always perform a patch test on a non-affected area and wait 24-48 hours to see if any adverse reactions occur.
Consult with your dermatologist before using it, especially with severe cases.
Best Diy Homemade Eczema Cream With Essential Oils
Our oldest daughter has always suffered from food allergies, which also causes her to have bad reactions to eczema on her body.
Since she was a little girl we have used every lotion, soap, and shampoo brand you can think of.
We have paid anywhere from a few dollars to $40 creams for her.
As first-time parents, we were so lost on how to help her eczema feel better, but after years of looking and trying different brands I ended up making my own cream at home with essential oils that helped soothe her skin.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience .
You May Like: Baby Eczema Worse After Bath
Now That You Know How To Find Eczema Relief
Theres no need to be gripped with anxiety at the thought of excessively cold weather or the constant temperature change youre faced with when going inside to outside and back again. You now have a high-quality, natural ointment like CBDMEDICs Eczema Therapy Medicated Ointment at your fingertips. The soothing effects of peppermint and colloidal oatmeal, coupled with the moisture-retaining properties that colloidal oatmeal brings, will have you itching to get outside to play in the snow.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It has not been approved by the FDA to diagnose, treat, prevent, cure, or mitigate any diseases or conditions. We use CBD in our products for cosmetic purposes only.
When To Use Diy Bath Oils Oats & Melts
Signs of dry flaky skinWinter TimeHeat or Diaper Rashes appearFor hydration boost
You can use these DIY bath recipes any time of year for a hydration boost or when you run into moody skin. If your skin starts to get flaky give yourself a DIY bath treatment to help reduce dull skin, nourish and hydrate.
If you struggle with eczema or dermatitis these bath treatments will provide relief and give you a hydration/protection boost.
Each bath treatment is safe for babies so if your little one is suffering from eczema or diaper rashes start using a bath treatment to soothe and calm irritated skin.
Also Check: Can Eczema Start At Any Age
The Science Behind Coconut Oil And Eczema
When compared to mineral oil, olive oil and other natural remedies used to treat eczema, coconut oil has the most scientific and evidence-based research to back up its legitimacy.
An article published in January 2018 in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine found that coconut oil is effective at reducing the presence of bacteria, fungi, viruses and other pathogens. Its important to note this article studied the use of coconut oil on atopic dermatitis, not on other types of eczema.
Another 2018 study looked at the benefits of coconut oil for those with eczema. The researchers found that coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help protect the skin barrier and stop skin dryness.
Although multiple disease types have been addressed in the research behind coconut oil, there was one study in particular that focused specifically on children with eczema.
Results ofthat study, published in the December 2013 issue of International Journal of Dermatology, revealed that effects of topical virgin coconut oil applied to the skin for eight weeks improved skin hydration for children with eczema and on baby eczema.
Read Also: How Can You Get Rid Of Eczema Forever
Recipe #: Diy Comforting & Healing Blend
- 1 drop of chamomile essential oil
- 1 drop of cypress essential oil
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of geranium essential oil
- 2 cups of cold water
Directions: In a non-reactive, medium size bowl, add the essential oils and mix. Add the two cups of cold water and stir to mix. Soak a clean piece of cloth in the mixture and use it to rub the affected areas as necessary. This blend is healing and comforting, it will quickly reduce itching and inflammation caused by eczema.
Don’t Miss: Types Of Eczema On Fingers
What Does Eczema Look Like
Eczema appears in the form of small red, rash-like bumps but also can look like small patches of dry, scaly skin. It is often itchy and it can come and go, making it hard to determine the cause.
My son had eczema for a good year before we pinpointed his trigger, which was dairy. He was allergic to casein, the protein in milk.
After two years of a complete diet change, digestive enzymes, probiotics, and essential oils for digestive health and allergies, his eczema disappeared completely.
During that time, the rash would come and go, but it always came back. When it would flare up, I would use this homemade eczema salve with essential oils to reduce the appearance of the rash, soothe the skin, relieve the itch and discomfort.
Because there is always an underlying cause for eczema, this salve is only meant to ease the irritation and to help lessen the appearance of the rash.
You can use this salve for soothing and moisturizing dry, flakey or itchy skin due to skin irritations. If eczema is the cause, the GAPS diet or the elimination diet might be worth trying out to help pinpoint the root cause. However, be sure to check with your doctor first.
Turmeric Oil For Eczema
The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties of turmeric essential oil may quickly treat the swelling, itchiness, and redness associated with the scaly patches of eczema. The curcumin compound of turmeric suppresses inflamed skin cells.
Any formation of blisters, whether they are weeping or crusty, may also be healed with the use of the oil.
You May Like: Eczema Treatment Wet Wrap Therapy