Aveeno Baby Soothing Hydration Creamy Body Wash With Natural Oatmeal
- 8-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Baby Soothing Hydration Creamy Body Wash to gently cleanse sensitive skin and leave it feeling hydrated for 24 hours.
- Made with natural Oatmeal, this rich, creamy baby wash is clinically proven relieve dry, sensitive skin when used with Soothing Relief Moisturizing Cream.
- This baby dry skin relief wash features a pH-balanced, hypoallergenic and tear-free formula so its gentle enough for sensitive skin and helps leave dry skin looking and feeling healthier.
- This moisturizing bath wash is specially formulated for babies and is free from fragrances, soaps, phthalates, parabens, sulfates and phenoxyethanol.
- For use, squeeze this creamy oatmeal baby wash onto hands or soft cloth, apply to babys skin and spread gently, then rinse clean.
What Is Baby Eczema
Eczema is a skin condition that usually appears as an itchy, red patch on the hands, feet, backs of elbows and around knees, ankles and wrists. It also may affect a babys cheeks, chin, chest, forehead or scalp. Eczema can appear in other areas too, though not usually the diaper area where moisture acts as a barrier. Dry skin, sweating, pet dander or even dust can cause a flare-up of your childs eczema. Scratching also can make eczema worse, causing redness, swelling and other symptoms like itching.
Though its cause isnt completely understood, up to 10 percent of babies and toddlers have eczema. If you have a family history of eczema, asthma or hay fever, your baby may be more likely to develop it. Adult eczema may not look the same on a child, which is why identifying symptoms and triggers is important to protect your babys skin. Though there is no cure, daily skin care including regular bathing and moisturizing with a clinically proven solution like AVEENO® Eczema Therapy treatment is essential to care for your babys eczema.
Learn more about how to treat & manage baby eczema here.
Ditch The Itchy Winter Skin With Aveeno Baby Eczema Care
When my youngest, Ava, was born, she had very sensitive skin and it wasnt long before we were dealing with dry, red and itchy patches over her cheeks and chin. After a doctors visit we found out that she had infant eczema.
Eczema is actually a common skin condition that affects close to a fifth of all Canadians, including children. In fact I suffer from mild flare-ups myself on my face during cooler weather.
There is no cure for eczema, but you can keep affected skin smooth and protected with daily treatment and care.
We generally use AVEENO Baby Wash & Shampoo on the girls as its soap-free, hypo-allergenic and gentle enough that we can bathe Avas sensitive skin daily without causing dryness or irritation. We usually finish up our bedtime routine with AVEENO Baby Daily Lotion to help moisturise and protect their skin.
When winter weather hits the wind, the cool air and the dry inside heat combine for dryer skin needing a little extra care. This is where AVEENOs Baby Eczema Care line comes in, even if your little one does not suffer from eczema.
Bearing the Eczema Society of Canada Seal of Acceptance, AVEENOs Baby Eczema Care Body Wash and Eczema Care Moisturising Cream are free of irritants and are specially formulated with colloidal oatmeal to help strengthen the skins moisture barrier, and to relieve the itch and irritation of eczema. These products are so thick and moisturising, they are impressively effective at keeping winter dry skin at bay.
Read Also: Really Bad Eczema All Over Body
Eczema Care: Bathing And Moisturizing
It can be very challenging to care for a baby who is uncomfortable because of an eczema flare-up. So, following a daily skincare routine of bathing and moisturizing is key to keeping babys sensitive or eczema-prone skin under control. Mild cleansing can help the skin absorb topical therapies, which keeps the barrier intact and helps prevent flare-ups. Moisturizers trap water in the skin, which makes it more flexible and less likely to crack. Its important to moisturize regularly, even when your child does not have a flare-up because dry skin is a frequent cause of eczema.
Baby Dove Sensitive Skin Care Wash For Bath Time Moisture And Hypoallergenic Washes Away Bacteria
- From Tip To Toe Baby Dove Calming Moisture Hypoallergenic Baby Wash (13 oz.
- Safety-Tested Our caring baby wash and shampoo formulas are created without dyes, parabens, phthalates, or sulfates and ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and pediatrician tested.
- Nourishing Baby Wash Made with 100percent skin-natural nutrients, which are nutrients identical to those naturally found in skin, and prebiotic moisture to support babys skin natural health.
- Gentle Skin Care The rich, creamy lather of this moisturizing baby wash leaves babys skin feeling clean, soft, and hydrated.
- Tear-Free and Hypoallergenic Gentle enough for newborns first bath, our tear-free and hypoallergenic baby wash helps take the stress out of baby bath time.
- Were Here with You Baby Dove and our baby bath and body items support maternal mental health by partnering with Postpartum Support International.
Read Also: Can Chlorine Cause Eczema To Flare Up
Aveeno Eczema Therapy For Baby & Toddler
AVEENO® Eczema Therapy treatment for babies & toddlers is clinically shown to help relieve dry, itchy, irritated skin with eczema. The formulas, either with Oat or Colloidal Oatmeal, intensely moisturize and help strengthen the skins natural barrier function to protect against moisture loss and helps prevent recurrence of extra-dry skin.Its steroid free, fragrance free and allergy tested.
Aveeno Baby Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream
- Made with colloidal oatmeal, pure oat essence and ceramides to soothe, soften and protect skin
- Has the seal of acceptance from the Eczema Society of Canada
Made with colloidal oatmeal to soothe, emollient pure oat essence to soften and ceramides to protect, the Aveeno Baby Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream promises to relieve the itchiness, dryness, redness and irritation caused by eczema. After testing the cream in our Todays Parent Approved lab and collecting feedback from our parent testers, we found that this cream lives up to its promise.
When your little one has eczema, you want a cream that works, and most of our parent testers were pleased with how effectively and efficiently Aveeno Baby Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream soothed their childs eczema. Most found their childs skin was less itchy and more moisturized soon after the cream was applied. After a couple days of regular use, most found their little ones skin appeared less red and irritated. One mom, who also struggles with sensitive skin, found this cream worked to keep her moisturized without any irritation as well. All but one tester was happy with how quickly they saw improvement, and felt this Aveeno Baby cream did a good job of tempering their little ones eczema.
- Colloidal oatmeal
Don’t Miss: Acne & Eczema Whipped Shea Butter
Additional Tips For Coping With Eczema
Pamper your skin. Eczema can be managed through maintaining good skin care habits while avoiding things that can trigger flare-ups.
Try not to scratch. Easier said than done, but repeated scratching on dark skin can lead to skin thickening and pigmentation changes.
Use sunscreen. Everyone should protect their skin from the sun every day, all year round. If your eczema has caused discolorations, going out in the sun can worsen it. Many people with eczema find mineral-based sunscreens containing titanium dioxide are gentle to the skin.
Aveeno Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash And Soothing Relief Moisture For Baby & Toddler
Aveeno® Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash and Soothing Relief Moisture Cream for babies & toddlers is clinically shown to help relieve dry, itchy, irritated skin with eczema. The formulas, either with Oat or Colloidal Oatmeal, intensely moisturize and help strengthen the skins natural barrier function to protect against moisture loss and helps prevent recurrence of extra-dry skin.Its steroid free, fragrance free and allergy tested.
You May Like: Is Sauna Good For Eczema
What Are The Ingredients In Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
The following Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream ingredients compose the cream:
Colloidal oatmeal: This is a proven buffer, moisturizer, and cleanser known to soothe irritation and protect the skin from inflammation. It is non-comedogenic. It comes from oats, a natural ingredient that helps restore the normal skin pH and aids in maintaining the skins function as a moisture barrier to protect and prevent skin dryness .
Avena Sativa Kernel Oil: This oil comes from the kernels of Avena Sativa or the oat plant and functions as a skin-conditioning agent and occlusive solvent .
Avena Sativa Kernel Extract: Extracted from oat kernels, this is also a known skin-conditioning agent and abrasive that exfoliates the skin .
Ceramide NP: One type of naturally occurring ceramides which are long chains of fats or lipids that are found in high concentrations within the cells that compose the outer layers of the skin. These hold the skin cells together, forming a protective layer that plumps the skin and locks moisture in .
Glycerin: May help skin retains moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin .
The Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal Difference
For generations, the moisturizing properties of colloidal oatmeal to help restore, nourish and soothe the skins moisture barrier have been known to help compromised skin conditions. Colloidal oatmeal is a Health Canada-approved ingredient to support the temporary relief of Eczema symptoms .
Moisturizers are considered first-line therapy for the treatment of eczema. But not all emollients are alike. Aveeno® Eczema Care products are formulated with colloidal oatmeal, rich in proteins, vitamins B and E, and nourishing lipids that help restore and strengthen the skins moisture barrier, helping to relieve dry skin while helping to support the skins microbiome, for healthier looking skin.
The clinical benefits of colloidal oatmeal have been demonstrated through extensive research across diverse patient populations . In clinical studies, Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream has been shown to improve signs of atopic dermatitis and Aveeno® Eczema Care Itch Relief Balm provides immediate and long-lasting relief of dry, itchy skin.
Additional studies have shown Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream is proven to provide symptomatic relief, reduce topical corticosteroid use, and enhance quality of life in people with mild to moderate atopic dermatitis. Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream is an affordable and easily accessible treatment alternative to prescription barrier creams improving the skin moisture barrier with comparable efficacy.
You May Like: What Is The Medicine For Eczema
Baby Products You Should Be Using On Yourself According To A Beauty Editoryour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
She has kids of her own and has always shared the importance of knowing what’s actually in your baby’s products and yours. Fun fact: She was the second person I told that I was pregnant when I found out she assured me I was going to be OK and has been a source of moral and emotional support through both my pregnancies.
How To Use Aveeno Baby 1 % Topical Cream Emollients
Use this product as directed. Some products require priming before use. Follow all directions on the product package. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Some products need to be shaken before use. Check the label to see if you should shake the bottle well before using. Apply to the affected areas of the skin as needed or as directed on the label or by your doctor. How often you apply the medication will depend on the product and your skin condition. To treat dry hands, you may need to use the product every time you wash your hands, applying it throughout the day.
If you are using this product to help treat diaper rash, clean the diaper area well before use and allow the area to dry before applying the product.
Follow all the directions on the label for proper use. Apply to the skin only. Avoid sensitive areas such as your eyes, inside your mouth/nose, and the vaginal/groin area, unless the label or your doctor directs you otherwise. Check the label for directions about any areas or types of skin where you should not apply the product . Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
Also Check: What Can You Put On Eczema On Eyelids
Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Baby Body Wash With Natural Oatmeal & Provitamin B5
- 8-ounce bottle of Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Baby Body Wash with natural oatmeal and provitamin B5.
- Moisturizing baby wash cleanses and soothes babys irritated, dry, sensitive, and eczema prone skin, leaving it feeling comfortable.
- Baby body wash is formulated with natural oatmeal which is known for its soothing & nourishing properties along with provitamin B5 and rich emollients.
- The proprietary formula of this moisturizing baby wash has been pediatrician and dermatologist tested and comes from a pediatrician & dermatologist recommended brand.
- This gentle baby wash is great for babys sensitive skin and eczema-prone skin.
Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Soothing Bath Treatment For Relief Of Dry
- 10-packets of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Soothing Baby Bath Treatment to help relieve dry, itchy, irritated skin due to rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, or insect bites.
- This unique baby eczema therapy bath combines a special moisturizer and natural colloidal oatmeal skin protectant to help soothe skin irritation, dry skin and itching and leave your babys skin softer and smoother after bathing.
- Eczema bath treatment is accepted by the National Eczema Association and is indicated to provide itchy, irritated, dry skin relief.
- When dispersed in water, this fragrance-free and tear-free, ultra-fine powder forms a milky soothing bath for gentle itchy skin and eczema relief.
- From the dermatologist and pediatrician-recommended brand, this baby soothing bath is also a natural, soap-free cleanser that is gentle on the eyes & is steroid-, paraben-, phenoxyethanol-and phthalate-free so its suitable for delicate skin.
Recommended Reading: What To Use For Eczema On Eyelids
Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Gentle Body Wash & Shampoo With Oat Extract
- 18-fluid ounce bottle of gentle cleansing Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture 2-in-1 Bath Wash and Hair Shampoo with natural oat extract to cleanse babys delicate hair and skin.
- The rich, lathering baby body wash and shampoo formula contains natural oat extract, which is known to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- The formula is tear-free, soap-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, phenoxyethanol-free and phthalate-free.
- Baby shampoo and body wash is from Aveeno, a pediatrician recommended brand.
- Aveeno baby cleansing wash and shampoo can be used every day to help keep your babys skin and hair feeling soft, smooth while feeling and looking healthier.
Our Eczema Strategy With Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for AVEENO® Eczema Therapy. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. This post may contain affiliate links.
Ive shared about our battles with Sophias recurrent eczema many times over the years. Shes been battling eczema breakouts for over 3 years now and what we once thought was simply dry and sensitive skin has definitely evolved into an eczema nightmare.
Over these past 3 years weve tried countless remedies. Some were home remedies, some were suggested by a friend whos a Physicians Assistant in Dermatology, and others were products that I found on my own. Most worked, some didnt, but the eczema is still here and still wreaking havoc on my poor little girls beautiful skin.
Now after a quick Google image search, I realize that were fortunate. What I see as an eczema nightmare on Sophias arms and legs is quite mild compared to what some people see eczema flare-ups on their children and themselves. Although her flare-ups may seem mild to some, they are significant enough that they actually interrupt her daily life at this point. In fact, the breakouts became so frequent that I finally broke down and visited a dermatologist a few weeks ago.
Don’t Miss: What’s The Best Remedy For Eczema
How To Apply Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
As suggested by the manufacturer:Use externally and apply on problem areas affected by mild to moderate eczema as needed or as prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid getting any of the cream into the eyes. Stop using the cream and consult your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Eczema symptoms worsen
- Symptoms remain after 1 week or more
- Symptoms clear up and recur after a few days
Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Cream Body Wash
- Gentle cleanser designed for babys sensitive, eczema-prone skin
- Non-foaming body wash has low surfactant formula which helps avoid dryness and irritation from cleansing by not stripping skin of its natural moisture.
- Enriched with 2% Colloidal Oatmeal and ceramides to help protect babys skin
- Fragrance free, Dye Free and soap Free and is gentle enough for everyday use
- For daily maintenance of eczema-prone skin, Use Eucerin Baby Eczema cream after bathing.
Read Also: Why Do I Get Eczema On My Face
Eczema And Pregnancy: Aveeno Eczema Therapy Review
My second pregnancy has wreaked havoc on my eczema. Thank you, pregnancy hormones! Usually, my eczema breakouts were very mild and were rather quickly healed up using a simple steroid cream. However, pregnancy turned my mild eczema into a permanent cycle of moderate to severe breakouts that lasted for months. Despite religiously using the steroid cream, it simply would not be contained.
After finally realizing that what I was doing to remedy the problem was not going to work, ever, I mentioned it to my OB/GYN. She confirmed that, indeed, pregnancy can definitely cause a change in eczema outbreaks. She assured me that using a steroid cream was safe to use in small amounts, but since that hadnt been working for me, she recommended trying Aveeno Eczema Therapy.
Aveeno Eczema Therapy is simply a moisturizing cream with no steroids, which is a little added safety when youre pregnant. It is accepted by the National Eczema Association and demotologist-recommended. Its natural active ingredient is Colloidal Oatmeal which apparently is great for dry and sensitive skin. So the question was, did it work?
I went out and bought the moisturizer immediately and started using it. I paid about $12 for the bottle. A little bit of moisturizer goes a long ways. My eczema is contained to my antecubital areas, and just a small pea-sized amount was more than enough to cover. The formula is very light and non-greasy.
How has pregnancy changed your eczema outbreaks?