Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm 11 Oz
- September 1 2032 Expiration Date
The length of time for the expiration date or “best used before” date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
- Date First Available: November 21 2016
- Shipping Weight:Switch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: AVO-16934
- 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 cm , 0.41 kgSwitch to Imperial units
- Paraben Free
Relieves dry, itchy skin due to eczema without leaving a greasy feeling behind.
- Temporary protects and helps relieve minor skin irritation and itching due to: Eczema, rashes.
The Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal Difference
For generations, the moisturizing properties of colloidal oatmeal to help restore, nourish and soothe the skins moisture barrier have been known to help compromised skin conditions. Colloidal oatmeal is a Health Canada-approved ingredient to support the temporary relief of Eczema symptoms .
Moisturizers are considered first-line therapy for the treatment of eczema. But not all emollients are alike. Aveeno® Eczema Care products are formulated with colloidal oatmeal, rich in proteins, vitamins B and E, and nourishing lipids that help restore and strengthen the skins moisture barrier, helping to relieve dry skin while helping to support the skins microbiome, for healthier looking skin.
The clinical benefits of colloidal oatmeal have been demonstrated through extensive research across diverse patient populations . In clinical studies, Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream has been shown to improve signs of atopic dermatitis and Aveeno® Eczema Care Itch Relief Balm provides immediate and long-lasting relief of dry, itchy skin.
Additional studies have shown Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream is proven to provide symptomatic relief, reduce topical corticosteroid use, and enhance quality of life in people with mild to moderate atopic dermatitis. Aveeno® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream is an affordable and easily accessible treatment alternative to prescription barrier creams improving the skin moisture barrier with comparable efficacy.
What: Is: Eczema: 4jpg
Though eczema can appear anywhere on the body, in adults it is usually seen on the neck, upper arms and back, elbow and knee creases, and back of the hands, feet, fingers and toes. The skin around the eyes, including eyelids, may also be affected. While many people first develop eczema as children, it can develop at any point in your life and have a significant impact on overall quality of life.
The most common symptom of eczema is itch. Research shows more than 85% of people with eczema experience itch every day. For many people, the itch can range from mild to moderate. Up to 30% of people rate sleep disturbance as their most or second most burdensome symptom.
Eczema and its symptoms are different for everyone.
Heres what to look for:
Nuts and seeds
If you suspect a food is making your eczema symptoms worse, talk to your doctor. You may be asked to keep a diary to help identify one or more suspect foods.
You May Like: Why Has My Eczema Returned
Should I Use Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm
Despite Aveeno being one of the giants in the skin care industry, this product has two alarming ingredients. I personally have used and avoided this product as I had a burning sensation, one that comes with Benzyl Alcohol.
If you have a sensitivity to oats, this is definitely a product to avoid. Consult a doctor or dermatologist if you want to get a better insight of this product.
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm Good For Eczema
One of the giants in the Eczema industry and highly available worldwide, Aveeno, but is their Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm good for Eczema? One of our Eczema Warriors requested this article. If you have any products you want reviewed, join our and leave a post!
Who are Aveeno?
Aveeno is a brand of skin care and hair care products founded by Albert and Sidney Musher in 1945. It was purchased by Johnson & Johnson in 1999 with the brand expanding into baby care and body wash in 2001.
Read Also: Causes Of Eczema Flare Ups In Babies
How Is Eczema Treated
The treatment of eczema is similar in people of all races and ethnicities. Goals of treatment include relieving itch and hydrating to help restore the skin moisture barrier.
Gentle skin care and liberal use of moisturizers are considered first-line therapy for management of eczema. So even when you are not experiencing a flare, basic management including trigger avoidance and moisturization is essential.
Cleansers and Moisturizers
Moisturizers help replace lost moisture, help restore the skin moisture barrier, and help relieve flare-ups. It is important to continue a regular moisturizing routine even when you are not experiencing a flare. Mild cleansing wont strip the skin of essential moisture and can help prepare the skin for topical therapies.
Your doctor or healthcare provider may recommend topical anti-itch creams containing hydrocortisone to help ease your symptoms. Follow the directions on the label carefully. Do not use more often or longer than recommended on the label or by your healthcare provider.
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm
- Temporarily protects and helps relieve minor skin irritation and itching due to:
- do not get into eyes.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- condition worsens
- symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Recommended Reading: Can Pet Dander Cause Eczema
Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm 11 Oz
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm is clinically proven to provide immediate and long-lasting itch relief
- It is uniquely formulated with colloidal oatmeal and ceramide to help soothe and comfort skin
- Intensely moisturizes to help strengthen skin natural moisture barrier while soothing itch due to eczema.
- Provide relief for when eczema symptoms flare up and protect the skin for up to six hours
- This eczema itch relief balm has been awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Approval
- Its non-greasy formula is allergy-tested and steroid-free, paraben-free & fragrance-free
- From Aveeno, the #1 dermatologist-recommended eczema moisturizer brand
- Aveeno uses the goodness of nature and the power of science to keep skin healthy and balanced
- Paraben Free
Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm Reduces Dry Itchy Skin
Clinical trial to determine the benefit of AVEENO® Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm on dry, itchy skin of adults and children with atopic dermatitis1
To evaluate the efficacy of an over-the-counter 1% colloidal oatmeal skin protectant balm in adults and children with mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis .
Fifty-two adults and children aged 12+ years with mild to moderate atopic dermatitis and mild-to-moderate itch completed this multi-center, 7-day, randomized , evaluator-blinded, 2-arm clinical study.
Primary endpoints: Itch Assessment at baseline, immediately post-application, Hours 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 post-application, and Day 7
Secondary endpoints: Corneometer readings at baseline, immediately post-application, Hours 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 post-application, and Day 7
Participant Questionnaires at baseline, immediately post-application, Hours 4, 5, and 6 post-application, and Day 7
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Treatment For Eczema On Hands
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balmingredients Explained
This product contains 21 ingredients. Click on any ingredient to learn more about it
An organic, colorless, odorless, and non-toxic compound that has antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It acts a humectant in skincare products, meaning it helps skin retain moisture by pulling moisture from the air.
Also known as:
Water is the most common cosmetic ingredient of all. It often makes up the largest portion of a product, and is thus typically found at the top of an ingredients list.
In most cases, the purpose of water within an ingredient list is to act as a solvent – this means it’s there to help dissolve other ingredients into the formulation.
Water also happens to be necessary for all life on Earth. If you see this, drink a glass of water. Stay hydrated!
Cetearyl Alcohol isn’t fungal acne safe and is a fatty alcohol. It can be bad for acne prone skin.
We don’t have a description for Isocetyl Alcohol.
Dimethicone is a type of silicone.
Cetyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol.
We don’t have a description for Ethylhexylglycerin.
Stearic Acid isn’t fungal acne safe. It can be bad for oily skin.
We don’t have a description for Dipotassium Phosphate.
We don’t have a description for Potassium Phosphate.
We don’t have a description for P-Anisic Acid.
We don’t have a description for Sodium Hydroxide.
Also known as:
Ceramide NP is one type of ceramide.
Ceramide NP,1,3,4-Octadecanetriol, 2-Octadecanamide,Stearoyl-C18-Phytosphingosine,Stearoyl-4-Hydroxysphinganine
Additional Tips For Coping With Eczema
Pamper your skin. Eczema can be managed through maintaining good skin care habits while avoiding things that can trigger flare-ups.
Try not to scratch. Easier said than done, but repeated scratching on dark skin can lead to skin thickening and pigmentation changes.
Use sunscreen. Everyone should protect their skin from the sun every day, all year round. If your eczema has caused discolorations, going out in the sun can worsen it. Many people with eczema find mineral-based sunscreens containing titanium dioxide are gentle to the skin.
You May Like: Can You Get Eczema From Someone Else
What Helps Eczema
- Use lukewarm water, not hot.
- Limit the length of your shower or bath to 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a mild, non-drying, fragrance free cleanser.
- Gently pat skin dry dont rub.
- Avoid body sponges and washcloths.
- Apply moisturizers to damp skin .
- If prescribed by a doctor, apply any special medications first and then liberally apply moisturizer. For some medications you may be advised to wait 15-20 minutes after applying before applying moisturizer, so be sure to follow your doctors instructions.
- Consider using a moisturizer with colloidal oatmeal, such as AVEENO® Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream or AVEENO® Eczema Care Itch Relief Balm clinically proven to help relieve the itching and irritation of eczema. Colloidal oatmeal is a Health Canada-approved ingredient to support the temporary relief of Eczema symptoms .
- As always, talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.